Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this...
(10-10-2024, 01:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True. But that is the same for all QBs. That's why i want to go watch the game and chart exactly what happens inside of 5 mins for those losses. 

This made me take a look back at the Pittsburgh game in 2022. I had the game log pulled up. My summary for that game is actually inaccurate. What an agitating game that was. Here's a better summary within five minutes...

1. Bengals drive down to the two and go for it on 4th. Burrow misses Chase.
  2. Defense gets a stop.
  3. Burrow drives 60 yards for the go ahead touchdown but the extra point is blocked. 20-20. Overtime.
  4. Defense gets a stop.
  5. Burrow leads the offense 64 yards to the Pittsburgh 11. McPherson comes out for a 29 yard field goal. Missed.
  6. Pittsburgh drives and misses a field goal.
  7. Burrow and offense begin driving again but then the sack fumble. Then Pittsburgh kicks a game winner on the next drive.
I was only looking within two minutes for those initial game summaries as I deemed them "close out" situations. Lots of context can get missed in analysis like this, so charting it out helps. Personally, I am of the opinion that a QB can be clutch in a loss. It is a team game, afterall. In the Mahomes/Allen scenario I would call Allen a highly clutch QB in that game. He did everything he possibly could. In this Pittsburgh game, I would say Burrow was clutch. He put the Bengals in three unique scoring positions, directly scoring on one but special teams failed on two. Just some of my personal thoughts outside of the numbers. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - KillerGoose - 10-10-2024, 01:27 PM