MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Any Hope for CBJ?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Hope for CBJ?
Tonight the Jackets drop the puck on another season, and most might suggest the answer to my question would be an unequivocal 'no.'  To be honest, that's an assessment that's hard for me to argue against.  Just look at the off-season the team just went through:

- Johnny Hockey died, the second active player to die in an accident in just a little over three years.  

- Patrik Laine couldn't get out of town fast enough.  

- Questions abound about Boone Jenner's "upper-body" injury and how long the Jackets will be without their captain.  

- The team has employed it's fourth (fourth!) head coach in just 18 months.

- Every hockey publication, The Hockey News being a good example, has already buried them with predictions of a last-place finish in the Metropolitan.  

Given all of that, and despite my desire to be optimistic, I don't have a lot of hope that this season will be anything more than another long slog to early April tee times for these guys.  Yeah, I'll watch tonight and throughout the season, probably get up to Nationwide a time or two, but it's hard not to see this as yet another lost season before they even drop the puck.

What say you, hockey fans?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Any Hope for CBJ? - Awful Llama - 10-10-2024, 01:43 PM
RE: Any Hope for CBJ? - SunsetBengal - 10-10-2024, 07:28 PM
RE: Any Hope for CBJ? - Awful Llama - 10-10-2024, 08:01 PM
RE: Any Hope for CBJ? - cinci4life - 10-10-2024, 08:18 PM
RE: Any Hope for CBJ? - cinci4life - 10-10-2024, 10:36 PM
RE: Any Hope for CBJ? - Awful Llama - 10-13-2024, 01:01 AM
RE: Any Hope for CBJ? - TecmoBengals - 10-11-2024, 05:45 PM
RE: Any Hope for CBJ? - Awful Llama - 10-11-2024, 07:49 PM