Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do the do it?
(10-14-2024, 03:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: The Steelers believe in consistency.  Something that allows them to not fall into the ebb and flows of an emotional hire or fire but also leads to a lot of 9-8, 10-7 seasons.

They have drafted well in a lot of cases and the hits have more than covered up the misses.

All that said I think you are just think currently.  This was an up and down team from the 80's-2007.

They haven't won a playoff game in seven years...and only made the playoffs recently because the playoffs were expanded.

Mike Tomlin is a SUPREMELY conservative coach who wants to win games 18-14.  And with the parity in the league that will get you to 500 when you have the players who can cover up for you.

Fields, for example, makes more plays after the play breaks down than when the call works.

I'd rather they win than lose, obviously, and that is something they've done for the last 17 years...during the regular season.  

To be fair, in those 17 years, they won a Super Bowl, lost another, and lost in a conference championship. Yes, I know that it all occurred in the first half of those years, but any team in the league not located in New England or Kansas City would kill for that much success (to say nothing of no losing seasons) in 17 years.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
How do the do it? - Chezaugie - 10-13-2024, 08:08 PM
RE: How do the do it? - GodFather - 10-13-2024, 08:16 PM
RE: How do the do it? - Nicomo Cosca - 10-13-2024, 08:18 PM
RE: How do the do it? - SunsetBengal - 10-14-2024, 08:43 AM
RE: How do the do it? - GMDino - 10-14-2024, 03:26 PM
RE: How do the do it? - JS-Steelerfan - 8 hours ago