Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NASA spacecraft rockets toward Jupiter’s moon Europa
(10-16-2024, 01:26 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: When I was an impressionable teen I saw the 2001: A Space Odyssey sequel 2010: The Year We Make Contact.  If you've not seen it, Jupiter's moon Europa is a large part of the story, and since that time I've been fascinated by it.  There was an article in today's paper all about a new spacecraft launched on Monday toward Europa with the intent to see if the ingredients necessary for life exist there.

From the article:  

It will take Europa Clipper 5 1/2 years to reach Jupiter, where it will slip into orbit around the giant gas planet and sneak close to Europa during dozens of radiation-drenched flybys.  Scientists are almost certain a deep, global ocean exists beneath Europa’s icy crust. And where there is water, there could be life, making the moon one of the most promising places out there to hunt for it.  

Anyway, this forum seemed a little quiet and thought this was interesting and wanted to share.  It is amazing what technology has led us to.  

https://apnews.com/article/nasa-europa-clipper-jupiter-88d680ae8625c239370865b36d5d69a8

I am interested in all things space and solar system.  If I had been a shade smarter, I would have loved to have worked for JPL as a planetary geologist.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NASA spacecraft rockets toward Jupiter’s moon Europa - Stewy - 10-16-2024, 01:51 PM