MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
I am not that worried about losing Hue Jackson
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am not that worried about losing Hue Jackson
As Hue gets a HC job, many were worrried about losing him. I am not. I think he made 2 huge mistakes last night, 1 that people are talking about, 1 that nobody is mentioning.

I think the biggest mistake of the game was that god awful 2 pt conversion play call. On the TD before, Jeremy Hill literally walked into the endzone from 2 yards out. We lined up with Fisher at FB and stuffed it in. Why wasn't a similar call made for the 2 point conversion? The steelers could not stop that. Instead, Hue tries to get cute and calls a play that plays right into the strength of the steeler D...their LB speed. If we had made that 2 pt conversion, the FG at the end would have been for the tie. Why is this not being discussed more? And Hue did that throughout the season. I get that you want to keep the D guessing, but how many times did he try to get the ball to Fisher this season with the other skill players that we have? To me that was a HUGE moment in the game and contributed heavily to why we eventually lost.

The one that everyone IS talking about is the play calling after the Burfict INT. At the 20 yard line, the Bengals could have taken a knee all three downs, burned all the steeler TOs, then kicked an easy FG, putting us up by 4. The steelers then would have had to drive the field for a TD to get the win as we would have been up by 4.

I thought those were 2 glaring mistakes in game management by our OC. So as Hue rides off into the sunset, I will wish him well, except when he plays us, but not mourn his leaving.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I am not that worried about losing Hue Jackson - Beaker - 01-10-2016, 02:52 PM