MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Lessons learned?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lessons learned?
While I've never hated the Marvin era of the Bengals, I find it immensely frustrating this organization needs to learn every lesson... Sometimes more than once.

With that in mind, I've tried to think about the teachable moments/lessons from this season... (I just can't live in the post-loss rage. It eats me up, and that's just not healthy for me)

Andy Dalton: I've got two lessons I hope Andy has learned this season. 1. All of that hard work you put in this offseason paid off. You can't let off the gas, though. You have to work at least as hard this off season. Tom House needs to be in your life for the rest of your career... 2. No matter how bad you felt after your interception, you have to control yourself. Don't try to tackle anyone, EVER. You can't help the team if you can't play. Shrugging off the last mistake is something you do well. Living to see the next play is something you have to learn.

Vontaze Burfict: 1. You have to keep your head for 60 minutes... 2. The refs will never give you the benefit of the doubt, because you haven't shown you deserve it. You need to step back 6 inches from the line of dirty play. Playing right on the line doesn't work. 3. Stop arguing your point with the refs. You can't win, and can only make things worse.

Adam Jones (and the rest of the team): Don't engage. Walk away. When you play football, you win. When you talk, confront, and retaliate, bad things happen EVERY TIME.

Jeremy Hill: Your position requires a level of focus you lacked this year, and it burned you at critical moments. It wasn't just one play.

That loss was epic. It can either eat you up, or fuel your drive for redemption. What's it gonna be?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Lessons learned? - gobobro - 01-11-2016, 09:38 AM
RE: Lessons learned? - Sabretooth - 01-11-2016, 11:15 AM
RE: Lessons learned? - Sovereign Nation - 01-11-2016, 11:19 AM