Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
replay on NFL Network
(01-12-2016, 01:26 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: No, I don't think there is an effort by the NFL to do anything of the sort.

I think there was some questionable calls, some bad calls, and some highly debatable calls that either side can go out of their way to defend or demonize. (like a lot of games)  I think some of the actions of BOTH teams are something the league needs to be looking at. 

In 2016 I don't think the NFL can afford to intentionally turn a blind to any type of head injury, perceived or not.  There is no way they can purposely let certain teams inflict more hits to the head than others.  This has become such a focal point because it has to be.  Both for the sake of common sense and good reason, and potential litigation.  When you have HOF Linebackers blowing out their brains and a slew of other former players offing themselves the league has to react.  When you have CTE showing in players in their early 20's the league has to do their best to protect their players.

You may not like the way the sport has evolved.  Many others may not, fans and players included.  I'm not sure I do.  But if the league is going to continue then this will continue to be an emphasis.  And there's a good chance the sport is still gone in 20 years.

None of this means they're going to get it right every time.  I''m not saying they don't miss calls.  But if you think the league itself is intentionally letting other teams play dirty then you're out of your damn mind. 

And as far as media coverage.  Welcome to 2016.  Where sports networks having 24 hours of programming to fill.  This is the biggest sport, played on his biggest stage and it's most important time of year.  Couple that with the biggest hot button issue and you better believe it's going to be driven into the ground.

Please, stop with the league allowed this to happen or wanted this to happen, or that they pull for them or that they hate us.  It's ridiculous. 

First bold word...  As I said, no one talked about BOTH teams in a negative light, they talked about ONE team and that was the Bengals.  Biased coverage is just that, biased (not to mention the Steeler dick sucking that went on from Nantz and Simms during the broadcast) and it is intentional.  No one can possible say they accidentally threw one team under the bus when the other did just as much to draw their ire.

Second bold statement... If this is true then CBS would have been slamming Shazier during, and the NFL after, the broadcast for knocking Gio out cold.  Wait, did that happen?  Nope, they made excuses for why it was a legitimate hit. Oh, and then discussed at length whether Burfict's hit on Ben was illegal or not...

Third bold statement... When did I ever say that?
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
replay on NFL Network - pally - 01-11-2016, 10:15 PM
RE: replay on NFL Network - McC - 01-11-2016, 10:17 PM
RE: replay on NFL Network - Awful Llama - 01-11-2016, 10:18 PM
RE: replay on NFL Network - TexasorBusted - 01-11-2016, 10:25 PM
RE: replay on NFL Network - StoneTheCrow - 01-12-2016, 12:17 AM
RE: replay on NFL Network - Wes Mantooth - 01-12-2016, 12:41 AM
RE: replay on NFL Network - Wes Mantooth - 01-12-2016, 01:26 AM
RE: replay on NFL Network - InTheJungleNow9 - 01-12-2016, 01:35 AM
RE: replay on NFL Network - guyofthetiger - 01-12-2016, 12:53 AM
RE: replay on NFL Network - 2MinutesHate - 01-12-2016, 01:14 AM