Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you as turned on as I am?
(01-12-2016, 12:57 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: Been a while since I said much of anything. In about a minute, some will wish it were longer.

The game almost satisfied me. The loss was...mitigated. I enjoyed most everything about the fourth quarter of that game except the Ernest Byneresque beginning of the end. I felt like water bottles chucked at Melonhead were offensive only in the sense that they were overpriced. Give them the game, go ahead (obviously they did).

But I bet their asses are already circling Bengal Week in the Soot City next year. Things have changed.

You give this 2015 Cincinnati team an AFC South team, an AFC Wester, they're gonna play some ball. There will be family friendly highlight reels for all to enjoy---good, clean football with mutual respect and...well, no pregame 20-yard No Man's Land, put it that way. Noteworthy in itself, no? Was that not an instant classic? Is there a more valuable NFL rivalry than this one, right now? That's a Mikey win right there, and a good 'un.

Of course, the Bengals organization can't take all the credit. Our head coach wouldn't try to interfere with a kick return, after all. He's not that guy (yet). Two of our assistant coaches aren't currently being discussed for their unsportsmanlike behavior. Take away Shazier's human cannonball crown blast to Gio's grill, and what do you have? Fighting Pissburgh fire with fire. Out-goon the goons. Just figure out how to stick the landing.

Can't recall any of or guys breaking punters' jaws, either. Might be nice to try more crackbacks. Anyway, I'm sure you catch my drift. I'm overstating an obvious truth:

These Bengals are what the Steelers made them. Been coming a long time. They fought their monster, and it was bitter. They will limp to Denver and die there. No LeVeon. No Melonhead, or at least not all of 'im. Antonio Brown askin' if that's someone's phone ringing. All that was Vontaze, too. Keep him. Keep the hell outta him.

Do it, Marvin. Do it, Mikey. Do it dirty. I don't care. You'll be exalted. We glorify that Buddy Ryan sh!+, that Monsters of the Midway savagery. Build on it here and give us the most fearsome, Tarantino scripted bunch of hellraisers that ever scorched the NFL earth. Let's do this. Bring in that Georgia mafia you love, Lewis, with some of those undrafted cleaners. Yeah. Bring in bruisers who'd rip through Sean Payton's checkbook, guys who Rex Ryan would post bail for and make captain. Quit mincing around this....

The Bengals are coming. And hell's coming with them.

There's strategic dirty play, and then there's how Tez plays dirty. Strategic dirty play might help the cause, but idiotic uncontrolled dirty play (see Tez) is a recipe for disaster.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you as turned on as I am? - Utts - 01-12-2016, 03:20 AM
RE: Are you as turned on as I am? - Utts - 01-12-2016, 03:12 AM