Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers scared of retribution from their dirty hits.
(01-14-2016, 11:34 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I wonder if you were here saying the same thing when Burfict celebrated tackling Bell after he gained 9 yard on first and ten, while he was on the ground hurt?  I'm wondering what he had to celebrate because tackling a running back after they gained 9 yards of first down doesn't seem like it's something most people celebrate, unless the great play being celebrated was the injury?

I ask because I can't remember you speaking out on that topic, but I admit my memory is bad and maybe you did. 

..aaaand what you are responding to is the fan version of what I was talking about in my earlier post.  'We're always right, the other guy is always wrong, and a villain, and 'dirty', etc., etc.'  With a mentality like that, it's no wonder players (and fans) keep going at each other.  I don't care if we're talking about Shazier or Burfict celebrating, coaches being on the field, or Bengal players running into the tunnel way before the game is over.  The fact is that no teams' fans have the moral high ground here, or any reason to believe that our team showed more class than the other, yet we keep taking shots, as if our own teams were superior in some way.  

Edit: Yes, I understand that this is smack, and that there will always be some of that done simply for the sake of rankling the other teams' fans, but this mentality seems to be starting to weave itself into the fabric of the sport, and I believe that there are people on this board who buy into it and take this stuff personally.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers scared of retribution from their dirty hits. - JS-Steelerfan - 01-14-2016, 11:41 AM