Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for me to cheer for Palmer again
(01-17-2016, 04:20 PM)whodeyfan1 Wrote: I can't hold a grudge against CP.  Watching him play with Ocho and Housh provided some of my best memories as a Bengals fan.  A lot of great franchise players end up leaving their organization under less than amicable terms (e.g. Corey Dillon, Brett Favre, Barry Larkin, etc.).  I can't hold anything against these guys.

It's all about winning, and the Bengals just don't win enough as a franchise to get that sort of "all is forgiven" mindset going.  Favre got his number retired after waffling around and then going to a division rival, and James Harrison was welcomed back to Pittsburgh with glorious festivities even though he demanded more money from the Steelers and then signed with a division rival.  Franco Harris held out and demanded a release from the Steelers, but you see his statue at the Pittsburgh airport, not the Seattle one.  So on and so forth.

Players who have rings are forgiven far more easily...it's what you've done in the past moreso than how you left.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time for me to cheer for Palmer again - Nately120 - 01-17-2016, 04:59 PM