Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiki Barber on how to fix fumbling
(01-20-2016, 06:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 3 fumbles isn't an outrageous number for a season. Law Firm had 3 in 2012. Benson had 7 in '10 and 5 in '11. Rudi had at least 3 fumbles in 3 of his 5 seasons as starter. Dillon had at least 3 in 5 different seasons.

I know people are emotional about the one he had in the playoff game, but Hill didn't really do anything wrong there. He had the ball tucked hard against his body. Shazier had all the leverage. Hill was falling forward while Shazier was standing up. It was just an unfortunate play.

My problem with Hill is how he ran last year. 3.6 ypc is unacceptable. He was tentative with the ball. As far as fumbles go, I think the problem has been exaggerated to an extent.

You got me to go along with most of it, except....

Yes, he did do something wrong there. It's called you're running out the clock to win a game, PUT TWO F'ING HANDS ON THE BALL. I watched the Broncos game. Toussiant or however you spell it gets the ball punched out, Broncos get it, and go on a short drive to get a TD. Did you notice what happened when the Broncos players got the ball? They put two freaking hands on it.

One job in that situation, protect the ball. If you're not using two hands the entire time, you're most certainly doing something wrong there.

Not saying he's fumbling his way out of the league. Great RBs can get away with some fumbling, just look at Adrian Peterson. You can't be fumbling AND running for 3.6 YPC though.

- - - -- - - - - -
guyofthetiger
Hill needs many more touches in a game. Other teams give the ball to their running back and eventually the D gets worn out. Also, the back gets better as he carries more. I would like to see Hill get 20+ carries a game in 2016.

None of those teams giving their RB the ball 20+ times to wear out a D has their RB going for so few yards. If you gave Hill 20+ carries a game and he runs like he did in 2015, your offense will suck. Meanwhile you're taking the ball out of Dalton who was in the MVP conversation before he got hurt, just so a RB can reach some magical number of carries.

The way Hill was running in a lot of games in 2015, 21 carries is the same as saying 7 straight 1-2-3-and punt possessions.

Not to mention, Hill actually had 1 more carry in 2015 than he did in 2014, yet his YPC dropped 1.5. Giving a horribly struggling RB more chances to bog down your offense isn't the answer unless you think every game his 20th carry will be for like an 80 yard TD to actually bring his AVG up to a respectable number.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tiki Barber on how to fix fumbling - TheLeonardLeap - 01-21-2016, 12:19 AM