Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiki Barber on how to fix fumbling
(01-20-2016, 07:51 PM)rob Wrote: Jeremy hill had a bad year. 3.6 ypc is pretty bad, yes, but people are freaking out about it. im not worried. Jeremy hill is, in my eyes, one of the best rbs in the league. he will be fine next year. you act like he averages more fumbles than tds. to be honest, 1. it is not uncommon to have a "SOPHMORE SLUMP".

my problem is the way the utilize hill/gio. it is horrid. hard to watch. a good friend of mine is 2. a browns fan (from Cleveland) and he said the same thing, during the pitt playoff game. He said it is absolutely terrible the way we utilize those 3. Hill should have 15+ carries a game. he is THAT kind of back. 4. Why is gio being used to run right up the middle?? makes no sense, that is HILLS AREA TO RUN. 5. It almost makes me think we are better off without gio.

1. Sophomore slump is one thing, but looking like a completely different back that finished 2014 is another thing. He's had 9 games as one of the best rushers in the NFL, and 27 as one of the worst. That's the concerning part. A slump would be dropping from like a 5.1 to a 4.5 YPC, not plummeting down to being a lesser Trent Richardson.

2. A Browns fan's opinion... on football matters... pfttt. Ninja

3. Hill had 5 games under 3.0 YPC in 2015. He only had 4 games over 4.0 YPC in 2015. If you're doing really poorly, a team can't afford to just keep giving you the ball so you can lead to 3rd & 8, or 2nd & 12 and destroy any chance at scoring.

Hill up the middle..
2015: 3.5 YPC (3.6 Overall)
2014: 3.7 YPC (5.1 Overall)

Gio up the middle..
2015: 4.5 YPC (4.7 Overall)
2014: 4.0 YPC (4.0 Overall)

That's why. Hill has never been good up the middle in his NFL career, Gio has. People see Hill at 235lbs and assume he must rule up the middle, but he doesn't, and people just remember Gio's rookie year where he wasn't good up the middle (because he didn't have NFL muscles yet) and that's just become the narrative.

5. No. Just no.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread