Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob's First Mock
(02-04-2016, 11:20 PM)Crowe Wrote: This would be fine if the Bengals were to grab a solid LB in FA, I do like getting Benjamin as it gives us a fast shifty WR who is dangerous in the return game and kicks Tate to the curb. I really like your first 3 picks and the rest of the draft isn't bad either.

I think the Bengals have 4-5 guys they like at LB and Killebrew in 4 gives them an athletic LB/S hybrid guy to play around with on Defense. So I do think we would be alright without a free agent LB but I would be all for bringing in another guy.

(02-05-2016, 04:29 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I like it-especially the first two picks.  I think that people on here are panicking over the LBs a bit too much and becoming overconfident in the d-line.  Why? Maualuga was good last season, Rey is solid, Flowers or Dawson could be the answer long term.  As for the d-line: if Dunlap or Atkins miss any time the pass rush will disappear.  MJ has not looked like the MJ of old and may need a heavier rotation or to be subbed out on 3rd down now.

Yea I agree with you on everything you said, I will say I would like another LB but I don't think they reach for a guy if someone like Jaylon Smith doesn't fall to us in round 1. Flowers looked solid from the little we saw, Dawson is a 4th round pick that should be more involved this year and Killebrew would give us a solid option to play around with.

Also that is kinda why I went heavy on the Dline early, Atkins and Dunlap are fantastic at rushing the QB but outside of those 2 guy we have next to nothing. With Dodd and Rankins we atleast stay competent with an injury to one of those guys.

(02-05-2016, 05:07 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Love Rankins but don't see him falling this far.

Love Sterling and think he'd be a great possession receiver, but, again, I don't see him falling this far.

Killebrew is way too lanky for our SAM and I don't think he's stout enough for a SS.

Love Boehm but doubt he falls this far.

Might be nice (besides Killebrew), but just seems unlikely.

Yea I'm with you on Rankins as in I'm unsure he falls but like I said above I think atleast one of the DT's rated 1-2 falls into our lap but you really never know who that guy might be so I just went with Rankins this mock, right now he is the 36th ranked player on CBS but it could be any of the guys rated in that area.

As for Sterling why wouldn't he be around? Receivers fall seemingly all the time, throw in the fact he is 5'10 and already ranked as an early 3rd round pick is it really that crazy for him to be around a little later in round 3? I don't think so.

Killebrew is a guy drawing comparison's to Deone Bucannon and Shaq Thompson, some people won't like it but if Killebrew is used right he would bring the speed and physicality we need at LB instead of drafting another 250 pound LB that can't cover a TE or Receiver to save his life.

With Boehm, again just going with CBS rankings and they have him solidly as a 5th round pick.

Again I used CBS rankings for the picks and the only real reach is Rankins in my opinion and I explained that pick, all the others are graded for the round I have them picked in and Sterling for example is an early 3rd rounder but with his size and the fact he is probably gonna be the 10th or so WR taken it stands to reason he could easily fall a couple more picks in the 3rd. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bob's First Mock - BobJones4980 - 02-04-2016, 11:05 PM
RE: Bob's First Mock - Crowe - 02-04-2016, 11:20 PM
RE: Bob's First Mock - Bilbo Saggins - 02-05-2016, 04:29 AM
RE: Bob's First Mock - BFritz21 - 02-05-2016, 05:07 AM
RE: Bob's First Mock - BobJones4980 - 02-05-2016, 04:41 PM