Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gilberry on improving his play
(06-18-2015, 01:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not to break up the catfight; but Gilberry may be trying to improve his hands on another squad. Lots of talented folks fighting for the 53 on our squad.

You really think Gilberry could be an odd man out though? That's pretty bold, I sort of see him as a lock, especially since he's a pretty good rotational player. I think a lot of people would be surprised if they cut Hunt, but I won't be shocked at all.

(06-18-2015, 01:32 PM)RoyleRedleg Wrote: Gilberry has shown the ability to use his hands at a high level. The other hasn't. 

Yep, Gilberry isn't amazing, but we've seen what he can do in a good rotation. I'm happy with him on the team as long as it isn't in their plans to give him 850 snaps again. I wouldn't mind seeing them eye up another C at some point, but that's an entirely different thread.

(06-18-2015, 01:38 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Clarke will be an interesting case. He's got a long way to go and his bulk up all be means he won't be at  DE in pass rush situations, at least I hope he isn't. 

I really wish we would have added a true edge rusher. 

People have been high on Clarke for whatever reason, but I haven't seen a lot from him that truly impressed me. I haven't seen much from him in general though. I think the team was hoping that Clarke turned into MJ, but now we have actual MJ again so I can see Clarke being dispensable shortly if he doesn't show the coaching staff what they want out of him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Gilberry on improving his play - fredtoast - 06-18-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: Gilberry on improving his play - djs7685 - 06-18-2015, 01:49 PM