Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gilberry on improving his play
(06-18-2015, 01:49 PM)djs7685 Wrote: You really think Gilberry could be an odd man out though? That's pretty bold, I sort of see him as a lock, especially since he's a pretty good rotational player. I think a lot of people would be surprised if they cut Hunt, but I won't be shocked at all.

Yep, Gilberry isn't amazing, but we've seen what he can do in a good rotation. I'm happy with him on the team as long as it isn't in their plans to give him 850 snaps again. I wouldn't mind seeing them eye up another C at some point, but that's an entirely different thread.

People have been high on Clarke for whatever reason, but I haven't seen a lot from him that truly impressed me. I haven't seen much from him in general though. I think the team was hoping that Clarke turned into MJ, but now we have actual MJ again so I can see Clarke being dispensable shortly if he doesn't show the coaching staff what they want out of him.

The only way I could see Gilberry as odd man out is if Clarke AND Hunt have ridiculous camps and pre-seasons. And even then, they would have to be unbelievably good considering how Hunt looked last year and laid another egg. 

No reason Gilberry should have gotten that many snaps other than the only other DE we had to play was Robert Geathers. So....yuck.

I wasn't a fan of the pick, with the added weight ( I think he's around 290) that at least means he could potentially add some serious value as  a run defender. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Gilberry on improving his play - fredtoast - 06-18-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: Gilberry on improving his play - RoyleRedlegs - 06-18-2015, 01:55 PM