Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict is scaring dudes clean out of the league
(02-25-2016, 09:00 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Bengal fans have had it rough this week trying to use wikipedia copy and paste jobs against me.

You completely butchered the paragraph and hand-picked a portion of one sentence you could use to support your claim. The sentences you just *forgot* to copy and paste from the SAME paragraph directly refute your claim and prove mine. Here's the paragraph in its entirety:

On October 6, 2010, Burfict was benched by Arizona State head coach Dennis Erickson. The reason given was Burfict's unusually high number of personal foul penalties.[23] In a game against Stanford, Burfict was called for grabbing the facemask of Doug Baldwin, and—after complaining to the referee—charged with a personal foul for unsportsmanlike conduct that gave Stanford a first down at the ASU 7.[24] Two plays later, Stanford scored what turned out to be the winning touchdown.[25]

Notice the citation 23 after the second sentence. Going to that article, Burfict's Head Coach Erickson had some quotes about the whole ordeal:

"That can't continue to happen," Erickson said of Burfict's frequent personal fouls. "If it does, he just won't play. That's where it's at right now. We've been talking to him for a long time, and we'll continue to do that. Munnsy will start because of that, and Vontaze will play some."

"This has totally to do with Arizona State and our football program and Vontaze," Erickson said. "I want him to be the best he can be, and if he learns from this he'll be the best he can be. He's got that issue, and he's going to overcome it and be a successful player here. At this point, if he does that he just can't play."

http://archive.azcentral.com/sports/asu/articles/2010/10/05/20101005arizona-state-football-burfict-benched.html#ixzz41E9AeY3x

He did slip for those 3 reasons, but bad 40 times and a failed drug test hardly make a top 10 prospect go undrafted. Slip to a later round, sure, but not going undrafted and only one team even showing him interest there. Why were his interviews so bad? He blamed his coaches for his poor performances and his benching - taking no responsibility or objective view for himself. That's the red flag that made him untouchable, not 0.4 seconds too slow on a 40 yard dash.

Harrison defends every player who is under scrutiny for a hit. Burfict isn't the only one. He does it on principle. It does absolutely nothing to show Harrison was any kind of mentor.

After the simple response of you are a moron, I decided that you needed some basic education rather than just telling you that you aren't smart.

I will use small words and never try to make you think, since the last time I did that you failed miserably.

I quoted one portion of an article from a website off of a thing called the internet to show that Vontaze Burfict the football player was benched during a game as a sophmore after committing two fouls in that specific game. I was showing you and assuming...wait that word is too big...I copied one part and had hopes that you would be able to see that he was benched as a sophmore (This is a person in their second year of college the school after high school or GED as you know it.) not a junior (This is a person in their third year of college the school after high school or GED as you know it.) which was once again the point I was making. 

Yes Vontaze Burfict the football player for Arizona State was benched for having fouls called on more then one occasion and the two in one game pushed the coach to the point he had to bench him.

Now, let's move on to the rest of the story.

Below is a "Link" if you click on it, another web page opens with a story on it that is important to this topic.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/193350-the-meanest-man-in-college-football-vontaze-burfict

I'll help since that is a long article, look for the part where the school and coach (The same coach that benched him) decided at the end of the year to reach out to the league office and give them game tapes because Burfict was being targeted by officials. Then read how the conference fired 11 officials. 

Now I get it, you can't put things together on your own. You've proven that. Conferences don't just fire 11 officials at one time on a regular. Try searching the internet (open another window go to google.com and in the blank space type that's called searching.) and see how often double digit officials are fired at one time. 

Now, you want to talk about him not being accountable for his actions and blaming the coach. Okay, well once again allow me to draw this in crayon for you.

Sophmore year - 12 personal fouls of the 16 across his last two seasons are earned. Coach benches him.

End of that season - Coach lobbies to league office and complains he is targeted. 11 officials are fired.

Junior year begins - Coach Erickson tells Burfict "To not try to get as many penalties." (See the link below to find this information.) Burfict listens, and he isn't the same player. Described as not being all over the field. His coach then tells him "To finish the plays and go back to playing football." So now his coach encourages him to go back to his previous ways. He does, and gets 4 more personal fouls of the 16 over his last two seasons. 

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/4/23/2968478/all-eyez-on-me-vontaze-burfict-tell-all-story

This is not to say that Burfict hasn't somewhat earned his reputation. There are times he does things that are out of control or over the line, but not nearly the amount of times he is flagged for it. More like 50% of the time to be honest, the other 50% is reputation. Who does that sound exactly like....oh, the guy he was with as a rookie who taught him and mentored him James Harrison.

Wait, you don't believe that Harrison was his mentor...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/87624/its-time-vontaze-burfict-follows-in-the-steps-of-steelers-lb-james-harrison

Hmm well there it is, in print. If that wasn't enough look down this story and see where Harrison was actually signed to "Mentor" Burfict.

http://cover32.com/2013/08/13/burfict-can-be-an-all-time-great/

It amazes me that every normal person in the world sees the similarities (sorry big word it means how things are like each other.) between Burfict and Harrison but steeler homer just won't even allow that to be brought up. Nope in steelerland Harrison is a victim and Burfict a criminal, when in the real world, they are the same guy.

One last thought since I'm sure by now your sitting at the computer foaming at the mouth a little, you said Harrison defends all hits....your words.

I typed "Harrison defends Shazier hit" into a search and found....Nothing. Only stories of Harrison defending the guy he coached up in Burfict.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict is scaring dudes clean out of the league - Murdock2420 - 02-26-2016, 04:04 AM