Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati Enquirer Free Agency Podcast
It's not hard and fast like "$XX = WR position" ... but according to spotrac A.J. Green will be the highest paid receiver in the NFL at $15 million in 2016 (should Calvin Johnson indeed retire). When you have that true No. 1 making that kind of money, it limits the pool for everyone else just because there is a hard cap. You need impact players all over the field.

Right now, I'm hearing Jones could haul in around $7 million per. I'm starting to think that might go higher now that Jeffery is off the market. But let's just say he gets $7. How many teams would be paying $22 million to two wideouts in 2016? One. The Bengals. It just seems unlikely. Not saying impossible, but unlikely. More likely that Sanu returns for $4-6 per which puts them in line with other combinations of around $18-20 for top two wideouts on the spotrac 2016 contract tracker...and if you don't think $2 million matters - it does.

FYI: I'll have a deeper look at what the "real" number is for the Bengals as they hit free agency either up later tomorrow afternoon/evening or early Friday.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cincinnati Enquirer Free Agency Podcast - jowczarski - 03-02-2016, 11:57 PM