Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Burfict's Game Soften?
(03-03-2016, 03:59 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: I would think his play wouldn't change just his antics after the play is over... for the 1 or 2 plays he shows emotion over in a year that get national publicity. I would also think he can't Cam Newton anyone anymore... that's about about the changes I see him making.

Pretty much this, it's all about when the play is over.  What floored me beyone belief is you have to have it in your head that you lost the Denver game for your team after you hit a guy late.  Yes it was a bogus call, but irrelevant of his opinion that has to leave a mark that "okay I won't lose the game for my team."  With that in perspective, not only did he hit Brown late but he went out of his way IN THE EXACT SAME SCENARIO.  I now have an issue with the latest quote eluding to the Hill fumble.  The problem I have is, doesn't he see Hill's gaffe as similar to his own with the late hit out of bounds in Denver?  We're just spinning wheels if we debate how his instincts work.  It's not as simple as us being wrong to praise him for a great play and then screaming about him hitting someone high.  I think he's going to try to adjust his target, and hopefully it works but I'm not asking about durring the play.  Like you said, it's about the post play.  I got over the loss, but it's hard for me to look at that recent quote as I'm baffled that he doesn't "get it".  He "won" the game with the INT, he lost the Denver game with the late hit, he should have nothing to say regarding Hill besides "I regret the hit on Brown, I should have helped our defense make a stand" and keep your mouth shut.  It's not so much that I worry about what he might do on the field because of his playing style, but that he doesn't want to see himself as the guy that needs to change for the team (not for Roger Goodell). 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Will Burfict's Game Soften? - GodFather - 03-03-2016, 02:56 PM
RE: Will Burfict's Game Soften? - CoCoNuT - 03-03-2016, 03:59 PM
RE: Will Burfict's Game Soften? - phil413 - 03-04-2016, 02:41 AM
RE: Will Burfict's Game Soften? - magikod - 03-03-2016, 10:52 PM
RE: Will Burfict's Game Soften? - Yojimbo - 03-04-2016, 04:31 AM
RE: Will Burfict's Game Soften? - magikod - 03-04-2016, 05:42 AM
RE: Will Burfict's Game Soften? - 3wt - 03-05-2016, 11:36 AM
RE: Will Burfict's Game Soften? - magikod - 03-04-2016, 03:38 AM
RE: Will Burfict's Game Soften? - McC - 03-04-2016, 04:15 AM
RE: Will Burfict's Game Soften? - Utts - 03-05-2016, 12:49 AM