Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put the word out: McCarron for a 1st round pick.
(03-09-2016, 11:25 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't know about that. The Bengals scored more against the 49ers defense at their house than any other team did last year. He also played better against Denver's defense than Cam Newton did.

AJM held his own for those being his first starts. You aren't going to get a #2 for him and we do need a backup QB. We have decent depth at every position, except WR. We can handle that in the draft and bring in a bargain vet for the slot.

The team had a chance last year to draft a WR in that deep WR draft, but chose not to.

Bengals defense won them those games. 3 INTs and a fumble recovery in the 49ers game.
Here are the Bengals starting positions for that game when they scored their touchdowns:
49ers 11 yard line due to a fumble recover.
49ers 36 yard line because of a terrible punt and only gaining -2 yards.
49ers 20 yard line after an interception.

And don't compare McCarron to Newton. That's just dumb. Broncos got healthier on defense and actually had tape on Newton. McCarron hadn't played much and did well in the beginning. Then Denver learned how he played and shut him down. But don't act like McCarron is better than Newton in any sense. You look at how Denver played the Super Bowl with defense and look how they played the Bengals and tell me you don't see a difference in that defense.

McCarron did decent. I completely agree with that. He is a backup QB. What I'm saying is McCarron really didn't help us. He just managed the ship.

If a team offers you a high draft pick like a 2nd rounder for your backup QB, how don't you take it?

The team has a chance to get a very good DT in this draft as well. So if you can get two very good young players in this draft, you take it. There's other QBs in this class that can be good backups as well.

Heck, some I liked more coming out of college than McCarron.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Put the word out: McCarron for a 1st round pick. - wolfkaosaun - 03-10-2016, 02:43 AM