Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL meeting to discuss further rules to protect QBs.
(03-19-2016, 06:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I can't quote you Nately.   But I would certainly like to watch a game with violent hits.     I am ok with the qb being kept safer.    The biggest issue I have is now WR's get this protection they don't need.    The game is already slanted to help them.   The hit is one of the few legitimate defenses left.     If you want to stop hitting then allow contact after 5 yards.      But allowing that would slow the game down.    Hits would not .     WR's would be a lot better at getting down in traffic like they used to be ....

People want to see scoring and TDs and passing and if that is what people want, that is what the NFL will strive to deliver.  Believe me, I live in Steeler country and the people around here complain to no end that football should be about running the ball and playing defense.

What do you think they do when Pig Ben bombs a TD to one of his WRs?  You think they complain that they didn't call a 2 yard run up the gut?  Nah, not quite.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL meeting to discuss further rules to protect QBs. - Nately120 - 03-19-2016, 09:52 PM