Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL meeting to discuss further rules to protect QBs.
(03-15-2016, 10:24 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They don't need anymore protection .  

They should also stop flagging defenseless receiver hits.    

Just flag/eject defensive players who spear.

(03-19-2016, 06:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I can't quote you Nately.   But I would certainly like to watch a game with violent hits.     I am ok with the qb being kept safer.    The biggest issue I have is now WR's get this protection they don't need.    The game is already slanted to help them.   The hit is one of the few legitimate defenses left.     If you want to stop hitting then allow contact after 5 yards.      But allowing that would slow the game down.    Hits would not .     WR's would be a lot better at getting down in traffic like they used to be ....

(03-19-2016, 10:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah like I said.  I have no issues with protection....  But protection plus lack of practice is what's hurting the game.   Something had to give....    I don't want to see running the ball either ....    But you can't let guys play touch football and then give no practice for defenses.   Plus WR no longer have to learn how to get low.   They have the refs to protect them

Rolleyes 

This is not much different that OSHA coming into my place of business and saying I have to have my guys wear gloves that they are already wearing.  There are rules to protect the QB that leave too much to interpretation...but the rules are also so these young men can earn their pay and then enjoy a life afterwards without too much damage to their bodies and minds.

Defenses can still hit a WR over the middle.  The can NOT hit them in the head or neck when they are defenseless.  QB's can still take a vicious, body bending hit in the back they never saw coming.  They can NOT be hit in the head or from the knees down.

The rules are there to protect the player, the product, and the enjoyment of the fans who appreciate the game.

I don't think they need more, they need to be more consistent in calling the ones they have.
[Image: giphy.webp]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL meeting to discuss further rules to protect QBs. - GMDino - 03-21-2016, 06:55 AM