Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ryan Shazier’s hit in playoffs will now be a penalty
(03-22-2016, 12:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: Here's what made me angry. In week 3 Eifert catches a pass, gets two feet down, turns as he's taking two steps and breaks the plane. The DBs foot kicks the ball out after he breaks the plane. The play is overturned because he "had not established himself as a runner" and therefore did not complete the catch. You can watch the play here at about the 1:05 mark:

Here is the interview with Tyler giving his account and what he was told as to why it wasn't a catch:

The we get to the playoff game, and have almost the identical scenario. Gio catches the ball, gets two feet down, takes two steps while turning and is hit. You can watch the similarity here:

In this case, taking two steps while turning was considered a "football move" and Gio was considered a runner, not a defenseless receiver. So if Eifert was considered still a receiver and no TD, why wasn't Gio considered still a receiver and defenseless? Or if Gio was considered a runner and had made a football move, why wasn't Eifert a runner who had broken the plane? The inconsistency is excruciating to me. And technically that inconsistency could have cost us the game considering the fact that the Bengals were within FG range at that point.

Because Steelers, that's why.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ryan Shazier’s hit in playoffs will now be a penalty - Garrus - 03-22-2016, 12:57 PM