Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin: McCarron won't be traded
(03-23-2016, 12:05 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i look at it a different way.. look what happen to teams like Dallas and Houston who had no viable backup QB..  the Bengals do have a viable QB option behind Dalton... you can;t assume Dalton stays healthy.. and if McCarron was so subpar there would be chance at a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick anyway

Houston didn't technically play a backup QB last year. They meant to start Mallet...he was just awful because he wasn't putting in the necessary work. He looked pretty solid for the Ravens though, once he knew his career was on the line. Dallas was awful without Romo because - unlike Cincy - they have a bad defense and they decided that the NFL's leading rusher wasn't all that important to sign. Dez Bryant also missed 7+ games.

As for Dalton's health, it's not about "assuming", it's about being realistic. Dalton started 77 straight games before slapping his thumb against the turf trying to tackle a 300 lb lineman who made a flukey INT. Dalton has been very durable and doesn't get knocked around a lot thanks to his quick release times and great pass blockers in front of him. 

And who is to say someone like Flynn would be any less viable than McCarron? Flynn has some good stretches in relief as well. So how is he any worse?

I don't think McCarron will get a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I'm just saying if some team gets desperate/stupid, I'd pull the trigger. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Marvin: McCarron won't be traded - jj22 - 03-21-2016, 05:58 PM
RE: Marvin: McCarron won't be traded - Shake n Blake - 03-23-2016, 12:33 PM