Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Reggie Freaking Nelson Watch
(03-27-2016, 06:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What the heck sort of logic, is that?  Guy was a STs only player, for the most part, for two years.  Finally showed some promise, in a backup role in year 3.  Let me remind you, showing well in a backup role is not nearly the same as being "the man", from the onset of the season.

Sorry to disappoint you but who would you rather lose? Reggie was the man I guess but he wasn't the same this year, Int's at safety usually come from QB mistakes and he just happened to be in the right place at the right time last year (He also dropped a couple). At Safety you can go from having 7 one year to 1 the next. Take that out of the equation and what do you get? His body is breaking down, he doesn't have the explosiveness he once did (Thus the bad angles and missed tackles) if you think you can get there but your body says otherwise your in trouble. Unfortunately I think that is where Reggie is at this point. As for Williams, they did not draft him in the 3rd round to see him walk after the first contract, if they thought he was a bust he would be gone by now. The Bengals have a loaded roster, A lot of these so called ST PLAYERS would be starting on other teams. There has to be a changing of the guard sometime. I think this is good move. If Reggie wants to come back on the Bengals terms he is always welcome in my book, but only on our terms.... 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reggie Freaking Nelson Watch - Brodude3 - 03-27-2016, 07:14 PM
RE: The Reggie Freaking Nelson Watch - 3wt - 04-04-2016, 06:42 PM