Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Reggie Freaking Nelson Watch
(03-29-2016, 01:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Here is the hobspin on this topic.

"Thanks for the note. I think the Bengals are very mindful of what Reggie has done for them and they hold him in high regard for what he means in the locker room to these guys. But they’re in a tough salary cap balancing act.

They’ve got two young safeties in Iloka and Shawn Williams who have played well and some young players that need to be extended, like cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick[Image: icon-article-link.gif], right guard Kevin Zeitler[Image: icon-article-link.gif], running back Giovani Bernard[Image: icon-article-link.gif], and fullback Ryan Hewitt[Image: icon-article-link.gif]. And you’d have to put Williams in that conversation after he played well in big games with Iloka injured. Really, a tough call because from the top on down everyone loves Reggie around here.

His ankle has nothing to do with it. He looked like he had done well in rehab. No question Reggie is a great leader and you hate to lose those guys. (I wonder if he’d been on the field for that last play against Pittsburgh instead of injured what might have happened.) But it’s not like there’s a dearth of leadership on defense. I think there’s some support to bring him back. But for how much and who plays?"

I don't like "But it’s not like there’s a dearth of leadership on defense" cuz honestly I think there is in the back end. Pacman can only be a leader so much, he is a CB.. after that... Iloka? I don't feel like there is a ton of veteran leadership on the back end of the defense without Reggie.

Thanks for this, thats the thing, i have heard some say that Reggie won't be ready until TC. Don't know who the
hell they were, but it is what i heard. I agree, Reggie is a fine leader and we have not seen much of that from
George yet. Still hoping we can bring back Reggie some time. It just doesn't look immediate.

The good thing for us is it seems other teams are not courting the guy like crazy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reggie Freaking Nelson Watch - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-29-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: The Reggie Freaking Nelson Watch - 3wt - 04-04-2016, 06:42 PM