Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Reggie Freaking Nelson Watch
(03-31-2016, 09:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Is everyone aware that Nelson is 9 days older than Adam Jones, who we just re-signed for 3 years at a position that isn't as forgiving to older legs?

Meanwhile, Charles Woodson just retired as a safety at age 39.  Rod Woodson and Ed Reed also played safety on the other side of 35 years old.

who cares? he's a good player but he turned down their original offer which supposedly was what they paid iloka with.  Now their offer is half that and he doesn't want to take it.  I know you guys think the bengal's should spread their cheeks for guys, but its a business and eventually he will take what they offer or he won't.  I want reggie back next year, but we have a couple of swing guys who can play corner or safety and Williams waiting to step up.  That means the bengals don't have to over pay and can let the market establish his price.

As far as apples to apples comparison with Pacman because of age is just crazy.  Pacman is a return man, one of the best corners in the nfl, and plays a more difficult position.  I am sure the bengals wanted him back which is why they offered him fair money.  He just wants more.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Reggie Freaking Nelson Watch - Okeana - 03-31-2016, 09:45 PM
RE: The Reggie Freaking Nelson Watch - 3wt - 04-04-2016, 06:42 PM