Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Easiest Prediction Of All Time
People thought teams like the Denver Broncos and Golden State Warriors were crazy for firing their former head coaches when they kept advancing in the postseason but not winning it all. Broncos fired John Fox and got Gary Kubiak. Golden State fired Mark Jackson and hired Steve Kerr. Both teams have since won it all after these head coaching changes the very next year.

I get the "we don't want the 90's" statement, but it's sad that there is that much worry that it would happen again over 15 years later. Fans and the FO need to have faith that the Bengals will not immediately fall back to that state if Marvin is gone. Instead, it might be worthwhile for the Bengals to look at the success teams like the Warriors and Broncos have had by removing a good but stagnant head coach and taking the risk to replace with a potentially greater coach.

I like Marvin Lewis, but at this point, I don't believe he will ever prepare this team for a Super Bowl run. He's a coach and he should still be expected to teach his players how to better prepare. Just because they are "professional" doesn't mean that they still don't need coaching...especially on the mental side.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Easiest Prediction Of All Time - ochocincos - 04-13-2016, 11:54 AM