Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drafting Jaylon Smith in the first?
(04-13-2016, 08:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If this is the case we shouldn't use a pick on him until the 3rd round at the earliest.

It might be worth the gamble then, but we have to many immediate needs to waste a pick in the 1st or 2nd this year.

We need a decent WR and a DE early IMHO cause the depth falls off big time after the 2nd round both positions.

What doesn't make sense, is drafting a 1st round receiver. Then, you'd have two 1st round receivers on the field. i see all kinds of problems with respect to ego, stats/opportunity, and money/ future contracts. it doesn't make sense to replace a 5th round reveiver with a number one. This organization has done extremely well on finding late round receivers.

What DOES make sense, is drafting a DT and  DE in the first and second round. That would push this defense over the top....tremendous edge. Along with the backers, this defense would plow a path right to the big game.

I wouldn't draft a receiver higher than 3rd round. ...preferably 4th, as I would want to see an ILB in the third. Defense wins championships. ....and this offense already has many lethal weapons. All the offense needs is a few complementary additions. (plus Dalton has already shown that having a whole offense full of exceptional players doesn't gaurantee that the talent will be utilized and taken advantage of....he's not that kind of QB...in my opinion)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drafting Jaylon Smith in the first? - Leather Face - 04-20-2016, 04:05 AM