Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drafting Jaylon Smith in the first?
(04-20-2016, 04:05 AM)Leather Face Wrote: What doesn't make sense, is drafting a 1st round receiver. Then, you'd have two 1st round receivers on the field. i see all kinds of problems with respect to ego, stats/opportunity, and money/ future contracts. it doesn't make sense to replace a 5th round reveiver with a number one. This organization has done extremely well on finding late round receivers.

What DOES make sense, is drafting a DT and  DE in the first and second round. That would push this defense over the top....tremendous edge. Along with the backers, this defense would plow a path right to the big game.

I wouldn't draft a receiver higher than 3rd round. ...preferably 4th, as I would want to see an ILB in the third. Defense wins championships. ....and this offense already has many lethal weapons. All the offense needs is a few complementary additions. (plus Dalton has already shown that having a whole offense full of exceptional players doesn't gaurantee that the talent will be utilized and taken advantage of....he's not that kind of QB...in my opinion)

Great to see you posting again Leather Face. Love it.

I don't know man, if Doctson, Coleman or Treadwell are there i wouldn't hate the pick in the first. All have special talent.

I get why you would think of the future contracts and such though.

DT and DE are what i want early no question. Billings and Kaufusi would be great then grab Garrett the WR out of Tulsa in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drafting Jaylon Smith in the first? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-23-2016, 03:31 PM