Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Misfits reuniting this Septemeber.
(05-12-2016, 03:49 PM)samhain Wrote: Just read this morning that Glenn Danzig will rejoin Jerry Only and Doyle for Riot Fest in Chicago this fall. This was long considered an impossible reunion.

Danzig basically was the Misfits in the beginning. He taught the other two to play their instruments. Any incarnation of the band legally known as the Misfits since the mid 1990s has been unable to play songs off of their classic albums due to litigation. More or less, the Jerry won the rights to the band name and Danzig won the rights to the original music.

Not sure how I feel about this, but it is interesting to me. Those early albums were always in my rotation as a young kid listening to punk rock, and occasionally I'll still dust them off. Despite the musical shortcomings of the rest of the band, Glenn was a hell of a singer and was always capable of writing a catchy hook. Just not sure how I feel about a bunch of 60 year olds up there playing those songs.

Your last sentence sums up my thoughts on this. They are one of my favorite punk bands of all time though. They are really the 1st punk I ever heard... Excluding Rock the Casbah as a kid. I never got into the fake Misfits.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Classic Misfits reuniting this Septemeber. - jason - 05-12-2016, 07:59 PM