Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Y The Last Man on Earth
(05-17-2016, 12:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, I just started reading this comic series called "Y The Last Man" and it's about Yorrick and his pet monkey Ampersand who are the only male creatures left alive after some mysterious plague wipes out every creature with a 'Y' chromosome. I'm far enough into the series that they just discovered that there's something about Ampersand that makes him immune and because he likes to throw his shit, it made Yorrick immune as well.

It's an interesting series so far. For one thing, Yorrick certainly isn't the typical guy finding out he's the last man on earth as of issue 30 (where I'm at right now) he's only had sex with 1 woman since the plague hit (incidentally, it happened on my birthday). Anyway, I wouldn't describe the book as misogynistic as I think it describes women realistically (other than that none of them are fat or ugly, so far). You have the crazies that think all men dead is a good thing and when they find out 1 is alive they try to kill him. You have those that try to get life back to where it was. You have those trying to make life better, take advantage of this opportunity to start over; etc. etc.

I'd recommend reading this if you're interested in post-apocalyptic type of reading. IMO, if you liked the Walking Dead comics, you'll probably like this one as well (did I mention they show some boobies?)

But, the point of this thread was, what if YOU were the last man on earth? Would you go hog wild and hump any and every girl you could? Would you try to take control and "rule the world"? Would you hide in fear of your life? Would you kill yourself and screw the human race?

you might like the movie "Children of Men"  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Y The Last Man on Earth - PhilHos - 05-17-2016, 12:12 PM
RE: Y The Last Man on Earth - Belsnickel - 05-17-2016, 02:05 PM
RE: Y The Last Man on Earth - Beaker - 05-17-2016, 05:05 PM
RE: Y The Last Man on Earth - Benton - 05-17-2016, 06:01 PM
RE: Y The Last Man on Earth - PhilHos - 05-18-2016, 12:44 PM
RE: Y The Last Man on Earth - XenoMorph - 05-18-2016, 12:48 PM
RE: Y The Last Man on Earth - PhilHos - 05-18-2016, 12:50 PM
RE: Y The Last Man on Earth - BmorePat87 - 05-19-2016, 02:10 PM