Poll: Is Dalton A Top Ten Quarterback?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Dalton A Top Ten Quarterback?
(06-16-2016, 08:01 PM)Penn Wrote: I don't do lists but anyone who thinks he isn't needs to post their own list telling us which 10 current QB's are ahead of him. I didn't fully read all the responses in that article but it caught my attention that David Carr listed 3 as "freaks" and only said a handful of others ahead of Dalton. Who are these minimum of 7 better?

Also I keep in mind different types of QB's. The Manning brothers are a good example of different types. Peyton may have set the world on fire but Eli got 2 superbowl wins and 2 MVP's to boot in less time than Peyton. It is easy to say Peyton was better with all those records but if I had to choose between them to build a team around I'd go Eli. He was a big piece of the team those two SB years. Granted Eli wasn't consistent enough.

Meh. Peyton rarely had a defense like Eli had in those 2 title runs. When he did, he also won championships.

Fun fact: Peyton's career playoff passer rating is only 0.6 points lower than Tom Brady's. Funny how much the narratives can change when you have a great defense.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Dalton A Top Ten Quarterback? - Shake n Blake - 06-17-2016, 01:59 PM
RE: Is Dalton A Top Ten Quarterback? - J24 - 06-19-2016, 03:41 PM