Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Dirty? According to AFCN beat writers....
(06-28-2016, 10:51 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Please.  Give us a break.  You need a guy like Burfict on your team to establish the "attitude".  Personally I don't mind the personal fouls as long as they don't cost us games.  And it could be argued the PF in the playoff game should never have happened, we've all played that one over and over (thanks Jeremy Hill).

Nonetheless, teams with bad boys generally are very successful.  See Pitts with James Harrison, Baltimore with Rey Lewis and the Bears with Dick Butkus.  You just have to hope the good outweighs the bad.  I certainly don't want him to lose his edge because its what makes the Bengals defense successful.

Hey Daddy-O, i ain't givin you no break. Like Tiger Teeth says here, the game has changed since then.

I love the way Burfict plays and he should keep that up, but he needs a little more discipline in the way he plays.

After the whistle stuff can hurt your team more than ever right now.

Burfict can dial it back a bit after the whistle and still keep the "attitude".

(06-28-2016, 11:01 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: The league, and it's rules, have changed since Harrison's heyday, and certainly Lewis and Butkus.  Playing with emotion is a good thing, but they're not tolerating the "bad boy" image like they used to.  It's time to adjust to the rules and just play hard nosed football.  Personal fouls can, and have, cost us games. 

I don't want Burfict to lose his edge either, but even he admitted he needs to adjust his playing style to the game more.

Spot on brother. Rock On
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict Dirty? According to AFCN beat writers.... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-29-2016, 01:30 PM