Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Dirty? According to AFCN beat writers....
(06-29-2016, 02:37 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Especially now.  After the last Baltimore game, the league notified him that he was being put on watch and would be subject to even more scrutiny.  After the hit on Brown, that will only intensify.  Whether it is all fair or not, whether we like it all or not, Burfict brought this on himself.  He earned the reputation he has, and it is going to take some time to move past it.

And it does not matter how people played in the past, the game is different today than it was then.  The NFL is dealing with billion dollar settlements, concussion films starring Will Smith, and more media attention devoted to player safety than one person could possibly read.  Everyone at the NFL from the players, to the owners, to the league are about one thing... making money.  The league has changed and the rules have changed.  Players must adapt if they want to be a part of it.

For sure, it is what it is.

(06-29-2016, 03:30 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Agreed.  The rules have undoubtedly changed.  And I'm good with it as long as they're consistent (NFL and its referees), don't want to hear Burfict is a repeat offender and therefore gets more attention.  The Shazier hit was a no-brainer that was completely overlooked.  The NFL can preach all they want about rule changes but until they start enforcing them equally across the board I say blah, blah, blah....

Yeah, just another reason why i hate the Steelers. I honestly don't know how anyone could be a fan of a team
that receives repeated favoritism time after time. Reminds me of how the NBA went down the shitter during the
Laker years when Shaq would dunk the ball kick a dude in the face and a foul would get called on kicked face dude.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict Dirty? According to AFCN beat writers.... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-03-2016, 04:23 PM