Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeremy Hill wants to bring another title to Ohio
(07-21-2016, 06:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: First seven games of the season, he had a 3.9 YPC.

Never really said "man that Hill guy is really bad", but wasn't impressed by the pick. He's run for under 4.0 YPC for 3/4ths of his career.

My main concern is that possibly the 3/4ths is closer to what he really is and the other 1/4th was a 2012 BJGE-type situation... In 2012 BJGE had a 5 game stretch where he led the NFL in rushing yards, going for 543 yards on 106 carries (5.12 YPC). The rest of his career with the Bengals he went for 3.33 YPC.

Jeremy seems to be held to a slightly different standard than Gio for some reason. In Gio's 1st 2 seasons, he failed to reach 4 ypc in 15 of his 29 games. He only averaged 4.1 and 4.0 overall in those seasons. 

I'm a huge fan of Gio and Jeremy, but they've both had stretches where they didn't play well and didn't look like starter material. They are also two very talented backs who are capable of making big plays and changing the momentum of games when they are on.

I think we really saw Gio come into his own in year 3, and I'm hoping for the same with Jeremy. Having both of them producing at a high, consistent level will mean great things for this offense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill wants to bring another title to Ohio - Bengalholic - 07-21-2016, 08:25 PM