Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeremy Hill wants to bring another title to Ohio
(07-21-2016, 08:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jeremy seems to be held to a slightly different standard than Gio for some reason. In Gio's 1st 2 seasons, he failed to reach 4 ypc in 15 of his 29 games. He only averaged 4.1 and 4.0 overall in those seasons. 

I'm a huge fan of Gio and Jeremy, but they've both had stretches where they didn't play well and didn't look like starter material. They are also two very talented backs who are capable of making big plays and changing the momentum of games when they are on.

I think we really saw Gio come into his own in year 3, and I'm hoping for the same with Jeremy. Having both of them producing at a high, consistent level will mean great things for this offense.

This.  And I would also point to Eifert's performance in his third season.  Dalton's performance in his third season.  Marvin Jones' performance in his third season.  And Gio last year, in his third season.  I think many refer to year 3 as the real evaluation period for a player.  The Bengal's players have been afforded more time to develop here in the last 5+ years, because they didn't NEED rookies to come in and be an improvement over their existing roster.  

Running back is one of the very few positions where rookies often make a huge impact.  I think Hill's size and strength combined with Gio's elusiveness and hands will finally be utilized in a less predictable fashion this year.  Hill needs to catch a few more balls out of the backfield.  Gio needs to be used between the tackles.  Sometimes, you could see the defense key on certain plays based on which RB was on the field.  And by going Hill, Hill, Gio, Hill, Gio...on drives, it was easy to scheme.  

I would also like to see them both on the field with Gio going in motion and out as a receiving target.  

Here's to hoping the 2016-17 season is the one where all cylinders fire...especially out of the backfield.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill wants to bring another title to Ohio - SHRacerX - 07-24-2016, 10:06 AM