Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Depth Chart Released (And My Overreactions)
(08-09-2016, 11:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Fisher  is playing LT anytime Whit takes a break. so days he gets vet rest Fisher is filling in the LT spot.

almost always marvin list rookies even first rounders at the back end of the DC then they can earn their way to top.

From what I heard of alfords ability to catch kicks I'm glad tate is still here.

Kid from Canada is fighting for a PS spot this year not a roster spot imo.
I'm just hoping that Marvin, despite these depth charts, will let them earn their spots and won't just automatically bench them.

Few clips of the Canadian from training camp seem promising, but I hope to get a better look tomorrow and Thursday down at camp.

I'd rather put Gio or anyone back there than have Tate return kicks.  I didn't hear anything about Alford, and I'll take your word for it, but there still has to be someone better than Tate on our roster at returning kickoffs.  I'd actually see what Gio can do to be our #2 punt returner, too.
(08-09-2016, 06:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Why would you move a back-to-back 1st Team All-Pro LT inside, which means then Boling (the better of your two Guards) is going to either be benched or out of position. Just to put an unproved 2nd round pick guarding Dalton's back? You'd be hurting two or three positions on your OL by doing that.

That aside, there's a couple things I agree with you on this list. The depth I have seen in recent Bengals teams doesn't really seem to be there this year. Tate is the #4 WR, your #3 and #4 DEs are both busts who combined for 6 total tackles last year, I don't even know who that backup safety is...... and Nugent is still kicking and Tate is still returning, both of which is unacceptable on Opening Day.

Whit will be 35 in December, and he can't keep playing at a high level forever, so might want to start putting Fisher in, who was projected to be a late-first or early-second round pick, so not like he's a scrub.  We got lucky that he fell as far as he did.  If I remember correctly, he was also the best zone blocking tackle in the draft, which we use.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Early Depth Chart Released (And My Overreactions) - BFritz21 - 08-09-2016, 08:41 PM