Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Depth Chart Released (And My Overreactions)
(08-09-2016, 08:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm just hoping that Marvin, despite these depth charts, will let them earn their spots and won't just automatically bench them.

Few clips of the Canadian from training camp seem promising, but I hope to get a better look tomorrow and Thursday down at camp.

I'd rather put Gio or anyone back there than have Tate return kicks.  I didn't hear anything about Alford, and I'll take your word for it, but there still has to be someone better than Tate on our roster at returning kickoffs.  I'd actually see what Gio can do to be our #2 punt returner, too.

Whit will be 35 in December, and he can't keep playing at a high level forever, so might want to start putting Fisher in, who was projected to be a late-first or early-second round pick, so not like he's a scrub.  We got lucky that he fell as far as he did.  If I remember correctly, he was also the best zone blocking tackle in the draft, which we use.

This is what a team that is 2-14 does, not a playoff contender.  IF you want Fisher to get some snaps at LT, you blow some teams out and let him play in garbage time.  You don't run the risk of putting him in for some snaps just to get some experience.  One or two plays can change the course of an entire season.

Projections mean nothing when it comes to the NFL.  Sure, he looked good coming out of college, but I've only seen him struggle when he was on the field as a tackle.  Personally, I don't think he's the answer at LT.

I'm also not sure where you would put Whit if he wasn't playing LT.  You're not going to sit Zeitler and you probably aren't going to sit Boling.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Early Depth Chart Released (And My Overreactions) - Hammerstripes - 08-10-2016, 12:57 PM