Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers TD Upheld, Eifert's TD Incomplete
(09-18-2016, 06:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not sure if anyone remembered this one, but when I saw that Steelers TD called, my mind immediately jumped to this...

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/09/27/bengals-notes-eiferts-non-touchdown-odd-plays-abound/72616190/

Either Eifert had a TD there, or the Steelers didn't have that one TD today. Much like the Bryant TD that wasn't a TD in the playoffs and the Uzomah non-TD that was a TD today, the NFL seems to just manufacture a different view on what is and isn't a TD catch every week and every team.

Yeah that was another horrible call.  That was the 1st of two reviewable plays the refs got wrong.  The receiver was clearly going to the ground as a result of the contact from the defender.  I don't care that the defender was able to advance on his momentum he was still going to the ground regardless.  Otherwise when the defender essentially peeled off of him he would have walked into the end zone.  He didn't he fell forward and clearly lost control.  Not a catch for anybody but Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers TD Upheld, Eifert's TD Incomplete - Stonyhands - 09-18-2016, 07:10 PM