Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals players upset with Coyle
(09-26-2016, 07:29 PM)Trademark Wrote: Word out of Cincinnati is that there’s already friction in the defensive backs meeting room, which he leads.

They might have a point. The Bengals have gotten torched this year in a way they hadn’t under now-Dolphins defensive coordinator Vance Joseph.

The secondary has already allowed nine passing touchdowns, second-most in the league. New Broncos starter Trevor Siemian torched the Bengals Sunday for 312 yards and four scores in Denver’s 29-17 road victory. The Bengals surrendered two touchdown passes over 40 yards Sunday; they gave up just six pass plays of that length in each of Joseph’s last two years in Cincinnati.

Players are particularly upset with some of Coyle’s technique instructions; at least one player believes he’s coaching them not to lose instead of coaching them to win.

If this sounds familiar, it should. Dolphins players privately (and at times, even publicly) were critical of Coyle’s scheme and the way he interacted with him. One Dolphins player who was personally fond of Coyle said Monday that he wasn’t surprised that friction has followed him to a new city.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/9/26/13065006/bengals-players-upset-kevin-coyle-per-report

People will discredit this as just media-generated, but I had a very strong belief of this watching the game Sunday.  You know the game, the home opener against the defending Super Bowl Champs...that are in your conference.  

I was screaming to press up the DBs.  I have no idea why you waste first round after first round selection on a position that you have play like a Free Agent that you have no confidence in playing.

The Bengals have a very good front four, supposedly, and they rarely blitz because of it.  The rely on the front four to get pressure.  That makes sense.  They play so conservative with their DBs that they allowed Simien to get comfortable with quick passes that were there all day.   Never an adjustment.  

Coyle is playing like Marv, not to lose, which is ridiculous.  We have coaches with more aggressive play-calling and defensive schemes starting rookies when our team is loaded with ridiculous talent.  

This is what I hate more than anything about the coaching staff.  This deflates your team's energy, and you are just hoping for mistakes that won't come.  It had better change.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals players upset with Coyle - J24 - 09-27-2016, 12:07 AM
RE: Bengals players upset with Coyle - SHRacerX - 09-27-2016, 08:11 AM