Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coyle's secondary...back to the days of Bresh?
(09-28-2016, 09:29 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That might be the best question of the season.  The best answer I can come up with is Kevin Coyle is hyper-afraid of giving up the deep ball and he's willing to give up the middle of the field to do it.  When I see a defensive lineman drop into coverage it drives me nuts and when linebackers cover faster receivers I want to tear what's left of my hair out.  Remember Scotty's advice on Star Trek?  "The right tool for the right job!"

Lapham was on the radio and was discussing this subject and he pointed at Shawn Williams as the culprit in each of these instances.  I can't help but wonder if right now Derron Smith is a better option when having the safety playing center field.  Williams may be more physical, but Smith looks better in coverage and has better ball skills.  

My guess is they will live and die with Williams and just hope he improves, but Lap pointed out scores in the Jets game, the pitt game, and the broncos game that were on Williams.  That isn't a positive trend.  I don't know if he was at fault with the Dolphins game.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coyle's secondary...back to the days of Bresh? - SHRacerX - 10-01-2016, 09:25 AM