Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coyle's secondary...back to the days of Bresh?
(10-01-2016, 09:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Lapham was on the radio and was discussing this subject and he pointed at Shawn Williams as the culprit in each of these instances.  I can't help but wonder if right now Derron Smith is a better option when having the safety playing center field.  Williams may be more physical, but Smith looks better in coverage and has better ball skills.  

My guess is they will live and die with Williams and just hope he improves, but Lap pointed out scores in the Jets game, the pitt game, and the broncos game that were on Williams.  That isn't a positive trend.  I don't know if he was at fault with the Dolphins game.  

Think back to last year.  How often did Iloka blow coverage?  That seems telling. 

This year figured to have a learning curve.  But I have kinda thought if Smith got his chance, he might really run with it.  Smith has play maker in him, I believe.  I hope Williams improves but if he doesn't I hope the leash isn't long on him.  At least we seem to have an option if we need it. 

Also, how spoiled have we been with Reggie back there?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coyle's secondary...back to the days of Bresh? - McC - 10-01-2016, 06:24 PM