Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton playing better than last year.
(10-25-2016, 03:10 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I look at the line play before this year and think Andy has had the advantage.  I think the Cincinnati receiving corps is overall much better than Indy during their careers, and don't think Hilton is even in the same conversation as Green.  Tight end play similar and neither has had a great running game.  Luck had Arians for one year, but then had Pep Hamilton, so overall I would take Gruden and Hue.

They are being sacked at a similar rate this year, and like I said, Dalton has a slightly higher sack rate. So that means it's been similar through their careers, not just this year. Maybe Luck's line has been worse, but I don't know how anyone can argue a "significant" difference when the sack rates are nearly identical. Maybe perception has been wrong?

Say what you will about Hilton, but he's still a stud and a fine #1. You seem to agree on everything else, player-wise, so where's the big difference? 

Arians is Arians and Pep Hamilton is always thrown around as a HC candidate for a reason. So I'd say the coordinators have been at least equal. Pagano > Marv IMO. At least he's put his guys in a position to succeed in the playoffs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton playing better than last year. - Shake n Blake - 10-25-2016, 03:24 PM