Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for the Bengals to mix it up on defense
(10-26-2016, 08:25 AM)Crowe Wrote: I think up to this point our defense has been bad. Atkins hasn't been rushing as effectively as he normally does, Johnson has been mediocre since his return to cincy, Peko just stinks and that's just 3 of our starters on our dline. Let's take a look at our LB's. Burfict is a stud, but he looks out of shape and he plays too reckless at times. Dansby apparently from last year to this year, forgot how to cover, Rey M. stinks, Vinnie Rey, while playing better is pretty much a solid backup, we haven't really had a chance to see Vigil or Flowers and if Dawson decides to ever take his career serious, I would like to see what he and Roach could actually do.

The secondary has talent, just a lot of inconsistencies. Dre makes some good plays one week and then looks lost the next, Jones is for the most part damn good, but he's missed some easy tackles and has given up a few more bigger plays this year compared to the last few, plus like Burfict he plays too reckless or emotional at times. Dennard was playing good last year before the injury, and that is the case with him, he's always injured. Shaw has looked good, but is he a guy that can look like that for extended periods or is it better to sub him in and out. Iloka is having a down year, Shawn Williams is another guy who like Kirk is inconsistent, he's shown flashes only to show us that he can look lost at other times. Derron Williams is a guy I would like to see get more playtime as well because of his playmaking abilities.

And finally it looks like Paulie G. continues to fail at creating the proper gameplan to counter act our opponent. Against Dallas we allowed 2 damn rookies to make us look ridiculous. Against NE, why was Gronk open the entire second half? How did we allow 1 rookie qb to complete almost all of his passes and another rookie qb to run for over a 100 yards against Cleveland, friggin Cleveland. And Let us not forget about how we let Trevor Simian look like an all pro against us at home as well.

This is a spot on post about our Defense Crowe so i broke it up for others.

It is a head scratcher why our Defense has always played poorly against rookies or unknown QB's, this is since Bresnahan, not just Paulie G.

Zim had his problems here with unknown QB's like Shaun Hill and TJ Yates. I don't understand it except Marv is the HC.

But one thing is for sure something definately needs to be changed up.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time for the Bengals to mix it up on defense - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-26-2016, 01:14 PM