Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The defense is pretty bad this year
(10-30-2016, 07:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Where I come from, offensive linemen are not lean an sculpted bodies.  We used to have a saying, in regard to well built dudes that play out of position;  Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane..

Agreed.

What bothers me about the Bengals draft strategy is they don't go best player available in the 1st Round typically...they look at what players will be free agents in the upcoming 2 years of so that would cost a lot of money to retain...and try to draft a replacement.

ie They use the draft as a way to avoid free agency and get cheap, cost-controlled talent.

It hasn't worked out. They could have retained Andre Smith and instead drafted a player that would have contributed last year.

People will say that I'm just hating on the Bengals strategy...but we were close to a Super Bowl-level team last year. Maybe if we drafted an impact player that could have contributed Year 1 it would have put us over the top.

Instead we drafted 2 players with our top 2 picks that we knew would 'redshirt' for a year or 2.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The defense is pretty bad this year - THE PISTONS - 10-30-2016, 07:39 PM