Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The defense is pretty bad this year
(10-30-2016, 07:43 PM)samhain Wrote: I hope they have a change in philosophy when it comes to FA.  If they shed contracts like Peko, Maualuga, and Dre then they should have some cap to sign some halfway decent players.  If the team was in full rebuild mode, it might benefit them not to blow money on FAs, but they're in a place where they need to make hay while the sun is still shining i.e. Dalton and Green are still relatively young.  

Honestly the only way I see them even pursuing b-grade FAs is with a new HC and some staff changes.  Marvin got quite a few guys signed his first year in James, Thornton, and Hardy.  Maybe a new HC would get the same benefit.  Otherwise, I expect more of the same "Bengal Way" of doing things.

Yeah, we're good at QB, WR, TE, and RB. And will be for a few more years. It's everywhere else that needs at least one upgrade in each remaining position group, with some more than one. And that's not going to happen soon enough if things remain the same. And yes, there's the problems with the current staff. Did they really pursue the finest coaches out there, or just hire a buddy, a son of a former coach, or a friend of a friend? How this team's braintrust is blind to this is mind-boggling.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The defense is pretty bad this year - wildcats forever - 10-30-2016, 08:11 PM