Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The defense is pretty bad this year
(10-30-2016, 06:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Aside from the obvious answer of coaches.  The combined loss of Vance Joseph and Reggie Nelson is absolutely killing us.  It has become more than abundantly clear that Shawn Williams could have used another year as the "understudy", but why did he look so good and ready to step up last year?  Heck, even George Iloka looks like he has taken two steps backwards this year, why is that?  The answer is Vance Joseph.  And without Reggie Nelson's leadership on the field, the secondary just looks out of sync.
Yep.

(10-30-2016, 06:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think our LB's have struggled the most out of the bunch. Even Burfict. The secondary has struggled, but Williams is playing out of position. I think he's doing what we should have been expecting him to do. We need a roaming fs. That's why we miss Nelson. Hopefully WJIII comes back. All isn't lost with the secondary when healthy, and with some help in the draft.  It's not like Guenther can't coach. I think he can. I just don't think he's getting much help. He can't look to Marvin. He's never been able to fix our D.  

Vance would be a good HC candidate if we ever made a move.
Probably yep about Guenther, after all Zim wanted him. Definitely yep about VJ.

(10-30-2016, 06:44 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: All really good points, but the defense as a whole looks out of sync to me - not just the secondary. There's no denying the talent of Geno and Carlos, but the line is a bubble off this year too. And Vinnie Rey is the sole consistently decent LB so far this season. Topping it off are the damned boneheaded penalties every week. Talented players, but undisciplined and scatter-brained looking. It sure feels like this defensive coaching staff has no clear vision, or the wrong vision if they have one. I know I can't turn back the clock, but I really want last year's staff back after watching this train wreck so far.

Yep.  You know I listen to these coaches and players (Hue & Chad Johnson) both in interviews this past week speaking of how, "That's Marvin's team". "They are on the cusp"..."Marvin deserves to be the winner when it happens" ( I am paraphrasing on this last one but...) I would love for him to win a SB.

That's all fine and dandy but I bet anyone that Tampa Bay doesn't have a single regret about trading for Gruden and pushing Dungy out. Just saying...

The Tampa Bay Bucs are SB champions. They have a championship in their city.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The defense is pretty bad this year - coachmcneil71 - 10-31-2016, 01:18 AM