Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Cannot control his players/time to go
(10-31-2016, 02:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I know people here dislike Marvin...but what he has accomplished her has been nothing shy of a miracle.

The Bengals were essentially the Cleveland Browns and he came in here and turned us into a playoff contender.

Largely the same front office and organizational structure are in place that made us terrible in the 90's.

What other GM keeps his job after not winning a playoff game for 24+ years???

Have to agree with this Pistons.    I respect and am grateful for all Marvin has done.   And I will add that I respect and admire the Brown family.  It is a classy organization.

But I can't help but feel that the front office has always picked head coaches that they feel comfortable with at best and feel they can control at worst.   Totally understandable really, especially when the family has been immersed in pro football since they were in diapers  - and Mike actually played the game at the college level.

But I'd like to see them make a hire that is a little "unsafe".  Someone who won't necessarily dance to their tune.  Someone like Walsh was, Wyche was and (I'm thinking) Gregg was.  The first was not hired as head coach, the 2nd was terminated or allowed to leave, and I thought Gregg made a pretty quick exit after his Super Bowl year.

I don't know who that would be, but find someone who is really smart, unconventional and successful.

As much as I love and respect Marvin, it's time for a change.   We're going to lose the hearts of our best players (read AJ Green).  Unfortunately for timing sake we lost 2 really good prospects.  We need to find another.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Cannot control his players/time to go - 3wt - 10-31-2016, 02:44 PM