Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Bengal fans who were there, how was it?
Just came back. First off, London is a great city (although a bit expensive) - and the Londoners, of all races and colours, are great people. You just have to act decent, and they are so friendly, helpful, appreciating. A+ for London and the British.

It was my first live NFL game so I can not really compare much here. They made quite a show, and it was amazing to me how fluent the game seemed to go most of the time.

I know me and my guys made quite an ahouting effort on Redskins possessions, but unfortunately only few in my sector did so. The stadium as a whole seemed to be quite evenly split. I still believe I made Hopkins miss by shouting and waving, though.

About the game, you have seen it anyway, so what is there to tell. You saw the Redskins going and the defensive blunders and the nice plays (AJ Greens 10 yard fight amongst them, somehow stuck the most). Got away with an unsatisfying tie. In third quarter, we seemed to get the upper hand; the Dalton interception was quite a momentum swing.

What else.
They made a thing out of Bengals players not knowing some British expressions. That I found a bit lame. Munoz was there and I saw him before and did not recognize him, which makes me a bad person. The beer line was reasonably short. Thierry Henry got booed. And I suffered a bit of an overstimulation at some point.
Fans of all kinds of teams went to the game - I guess for many it was more the celebration of football than the teams, and I can understand that. Of course it was not a home game other than the inserts implied it and the Ben-Gals were dancing. As happy as I was about the game, at some point afterwards even I thought that kind of sucked - the Redskins would probably have been beatable in PBS. I got over it quickly, though. It was a great extra-long experience and I'm grateful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK Bengal fans who were there, how was it? - hollodero - 11-01-2016, 03:21 PM