Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Defensive Personnel changes coming?
(11-01-2016, 05:39 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: This will probably fall on deaf ears and be poo pooed because many seem to think the coaches are turds, of course that's because of losses and poor play.

I support this statement and have said it  before.

They not only see these guys day to day at practice but are also dissecting tapes as well.

The only problem I see is how much say so does Guenther have?

Meaning, will Mike Brown sit still for someone making 2 mill a year sitting on the bench while a rookie at 500G starts in his place?  (Totally hypothetical with the figures before any of the statisticians in here go bonkers).

He said in the article ' ... even if it's for 15 snaps ...'

Just saying.

Yep, that's why I'm particularly interested on whether the sentiment Guenther expressed goes into the secondary.

Before the season we invested in 3,4 and 5 year contract extension for Jones, Williams and Iloka.  You could argue the only guy we're not tied into is DreK and some would argue he has been the most consistent starter in the secondary this year.

If any of the three guys you invested in are the incumbents perceived as not producing by Paulie G and they lose some snaps where does that leave us?  

It would certainly either call into question the decision to extend them early (and not give some of Williams/Iloka's money to Reggie to try and keep him) or it has to shine an uncomfortable light on Kevin Coyle.

More likely scenario for me is that any increase in playing time comes in the front 7 where age and declining production is the bigger issue
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Defensive Personnel changes coming? - sonofstat - 11-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Defensive Changes coming??? - Sled21 - 11-01-2016, 04:28 PM